This section will be dedicated to the best possible collection of quotes and maxims related to Law.
- The law respects form less than substance.
- The law neither does nor requires idle acts.
- Superfluity does not vitiate.
- The law disregards trifles.
- Contemporaneous exposition is in general the best.
- Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- If you want peace, work for justice - Henry Louis Mencken
- Nothing is to be preferred before justice - Socrates quotes
- Justice is the crowning glory of the virtues - Marcus Tullius Cicero
- Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment - Mohandas Gandhi
- Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both - Eleanor Roosevelt
- Justice may be blind, but she has very sophisticated listening devices - Edgar Argo
- Law never made men a whit more just - Henry David Thoreau
- Justice does not come from the outside. It comes from inner peace - Barbara Hall
- Acceptance to an offer is like a lighted match to a train of gun power - Sir Anson
- Custom is to Society, what Law is to the State - Salmond
- International Law is not true law, it is only 'positive international morality' - Austin
- Whatever has been authority in the past is a safe guide for the future - Paton
- A Constitution should be short and obscure - Napoleon Bonaparte
- The United States Constitution has proved itself the most marvelously elastic compilation of rules of government ever written - Franklin D. Roosevelt
- We have to worry about protecting the Constitution - Karen Hughes
- The pursuit of happiness is in our Constitution. We're all entitled to have the best we can. - Loretta Swit
- Democracy is the form of government that gives every man the right to be his own oppressor - James Russell Lowell
- Democracy is good. I say this because other systems are worse - Jawaharlal Nehru
- The gladsome light of Jurisprudence - Edward Coke