Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
This section will be dedicated to the best possible collection of quotes and maxims related to Law.
- The law respects form less than substance.
- The law neither does nor requires idle acts.
- Superfluity does not vitiate.
- The law disregards trifles.
- Contemporaneous exposition is in general the best.
- Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- If you want peace, work for justice - Henry Louis Mencken
- Nothing is to be preferred before justice - Socrates quotes
- Justice is the crowning glory of the virtues - Marcus Tullius Cicero
- Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment - Mohandas Gandhi
- Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both - Eleanor Roosevelt
- Justice may be blind, but she has very sophisticated listening devices - Edgar Argo
- Law never made men a whit more just - Henry David Thoreau
- Justice does not come from the outside. It comes from inner peace - Barbara Hall
- Acceptance to an offer is like a lighted match to a train of gun power - Sir Anson
- Custom is to Society, what Law is to the State - Salmond
- International Law is not true law, it is only 'positive international morality' - Austin
- Whatever has been authority in the past is a safe guide for the future - Paton
- A Constitution should be short and obscure - Napoleon Bonaparte
- The United States Constitution has proved itself the most marvelously elastic compilation of rules of government ever written - Franklin D. Roosevelt
- We have to worry about protecting the Constitution - Karen Hughes
- The pursuit of happiness is in our Constitution. We're all entitled to have the best we can. - Loretta Swit
- Democracy is the form of government that gives every man the right to be his own oppressor - James Russell Lowell
- Democracy is good. I say this because other systems are worse - Jawaharlal Nehru
- The gladsome light of Jurisprudence - Edward Coke