Statelessness is being without a registered or recognized nationality or citizenship. He is a person without any nationality.
- Article 15 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 1948 says that: Every person is entitled to have nationality and the nationality of any person cannot be taken away or snatched arbitrarily.
- The Reduction of the Statelessness, 1961 showed several reforms and ways to reduce the problems of Statelessness
- Every state should consider the pitiable circumstances of stateless persons
- Stateless persons should be granted nationality liberally
- Geneva Convention of the Status of Refugees, 1951 and Status of Stateless Persons, 1954 provided that stateless persons shall be conferred with certain rights through international treaties.
- Stoeck vs The Public Trustee (1921)