Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Section 61 of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
Section 61 of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 deals with Application and scope.
From the Act
(1) Save as otherwise provided by any law for the time being in force and unless the parties have otherwise agreed, this Part shall apply to conciliation of disputes arising out of legal relationship, whether contractual or not and to all proceedings relating thereto.
(2) This Part shall not apply where by virtue of any law for the time being in force certain disputes may not be submitted to conciliation.
Related Cases / Recent Cases / Case Laws
Related Sections from the Act
- Section 62: Commencement of conciliation proceedings
- Section 63: Number of conciliators
- Section 64: Appointment of conciliators
- Section 65: Submission of statements to conciliator
- Section 66: Conciliator not bound by certain enactments