Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Section 5 of Minimum Wages Act, 1948
Section 5 of Minimum Wages Act, 1948 deals with procedure for fixing and revising minimum rates of wages.
- Section 5(1): Appropriate Government can set up any number of committees or sub-committees as it considers necessary to hold inquiries and advice it in respect of fixing rate of minimum wages.
- Section 5(2): Statutory obligation to issue notification and to have is published in Official Gazette withing two months from the date of notification.
- Principles of Natural Justice should be strictly followed when fixing the rate.
- Rates comes into effective on a date as specified in the notification or three months from the date of issue of the notification in the Official Gazette.
- Provisio: The Advisory Board shall be consulted before revising minimum rate of wages.
- Section 3 of Minimum Wages Act, 1948 deals with fixing of minimum rates of wages
- Section 4 of Minimum Wages Act, 1948 deals with minimum rates of wages
- Section 7 of Minimum Wages Act, 1948 deals with setting up of an advisory board
- Section 8 of Minimum Wages Act, 1948 deals with Central Government's power to set up Central Advisory Board
- Section 9 of Minimum Wages Act, 1948 deals with the composition of the Central Advisory Board