Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Section 3 of Minimum Wages Act, 1948
Section 3 of Minimum Wages Act, 1948 deals with fixing of minimum rates of wages.
- The appropriate Government shall fix the minimum rate of wages payable to employees employed in an employment specified in Part I or Part II of the Schedule.
- The appropriate Government can add any other employments under the purview of the act. Section 27 empowers it to do so.
- The appropriate Government can fix the wages for whole or part of the State or for any specified class of such employment
- Appropriate Government can review minimum wages at intervals not exceeding five years. If the review is overdue, the rates prevailing shall continue.
- Appropriate Government can refrain fixing minimum wages for any scheduled employment if in the state there are less than 1000 employees engaged in such employment.