Section 361 of Companies Act, 2013
Section 361 of Companies Act, 2013 deals with Summary procedure for liquidation.
From the Act
(1) Where the company to be wound up under this Chapter, —
(i) has assets of book value not exceeding one crore rupees; and
(ii) belongs to such class or classes of companies as may be prescribed, the Central Government may order it to be wound up by summary procedure provided under this Part.
(2) Where an order under sub-section (1) is made, the Central Government shall appoint the Official Liquidator as the liquidator of the company.
(3) The Official Liquidator shall forthwith take into his custody or control all assets, effects and actionable claims to which the company is or appears to be entitled.
(4) The Official Liquidator shall, within thirty days of his appointment, submit a report to the Central Government in such manner and form, as may be prescribed, including a report whether in his opinion, any fraud has been committed in promotion, formation or management of the affairs of the company or not.
(5) On receipt of the report under sub-section (4), if the Central Government is satisfied that any fraud has been committed by the promoters, directors or any other officer of the company, it may direct further investigation into the affairs of the company and that a report shall be submitted within such time as may be specified.
(6) After considering the investigation report under sub-section (5), the Central Government may order that winding up may be proceeded under Part I of this Chapter or under the provision of this Part.
Recent Cases / Related Cases / Case Laws
Related Sections from the Act
- Section 359: Appointment of Official Liquidator.
- Section 360: Powers and functions of Official Liquidator
- Section 362: Sale of assets and recovery of debts due to company.
- Section 363: Settlement of claims of creditors by Official Liquidator.
- Section 364: Appeal by creditor.
- Section 365: Order of dissolution of company
Chapters and Sections from the Indian Companies Act, 2013
- Chapter I to VI: Section 1 to Section 87
- Chapter VII: Section 88 to Section 122
- Chapter VIII to X: Section 123 to Section 148
- Chapter XI to XIII: Section 149 to Section 205
- Chapter XIV to XVI: Section 206 to Section 246
- Chapter XVII to XIX: Section 247 to Section 269
- Chapter XX: Section 270 to Section 365
- Chapter XXI to XXVI: Section 366 to Section 406
- Chapter XXVII to XXVIII: Section 407 to Section 446
- Chapter XXIX: Section 447 to Section 470
Other Related Acts
- Companies Act, 1956
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Indian Partnership Act, 1932
- Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Companies (Meetings and Powers of Board) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Declaration and Payment of Dividend) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014
- March 17, 2017: Amendment in Companies Act through Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2016
- March 8, 2016: Amendment in FCRA
- February 29, 2016: Companies Act 2013 to be amended to facilitate Ease of Doing Business
- April 29, 2015: Note on Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- March 10, 2015: Notification of Section 135 of the Companies Act
- July 22, 2014: Changes in Companies Act
- July 18, 2014: Amendment in Companies Act, 1956
- June 12, 2014: Amendment to Rule 6 of the Companies Act
- December 12, 2013: Most Recommendations of The Damodaran Committee Taken Into Account In The Companies Act, 2013
- December 12, 2013: Measures to Prevent and Deal with Occurrence of Frauds
- December 7, 2013: Implementation of the New Company LawCompany Law
People Documents Doctrines