Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Section 360 of Companies Act, 2013
Section 360 of Companies Act, 2013 deals with Powers and functions of Official Liquidator.
From the Act
(1) The Official Liquidator shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as the Central Government may prescribe.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), the Official Liquidator may—
(a) exercise all or any of the powers as may be exercised by a Company Liquidator under the provisions of this Act; and
(b) conduct inquiries or investigations, if directed by the Tribunal or the Central Government, in respect of matters arising out of winding up proceedings.
Recent Cases / Related Cases / Case Laws
Related Sections from the Act
- Section 359: Appointment of Official Liquidator.
- Section 361: Summary procedure for liquidation.
- Section 362: Sale of assets and recovery of debts due to company.
- Section 363: Settlement of claims of creditors by Official Liquidator.
- Section 364: Appeal by creditor.
- Section 365: Order of dissolution of company
Chapters and Sections from the Indian Companies Act, 2013
- Chapter I to VI: Section 1 to Section 87
- Chapter VII: Section 88 to Section 122
- Chapter VIII to X: Section 123 to Section 148
- Chapter XI to XIII: Section 149 to Section 205
- Chapter XIV to XVI: Section 206 to Section 246
- Chapter XVII to XIX: Section 247 to Section 269
- Chapter XX: Section 270 to Section 365
- Chapter XXI to XXVI: Section 366 to Section 406
- Chapter XXVII to XXVIII: Section 407 to Section 446
- Chapter XXIX: Section 447 to Section 470
Other Related Acts
- Companies Act, 1956
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Indian Partnership Act, 1932
- Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Companies (Meetings and Powers of Board) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Declaration and Payment of Dividend) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014
- March 17, 2017: Amendment in Companies Act through Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2016
- March 8, 2016: Amendment in FCRA
- February 29, 2016: Companies Act 2013 to be amended to facilitate Ease of Doing Business
- April 29, 2015: Note on Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- March 10, 2015: Notification of Section 135 of the Companies Act
- July 22, 2014: Changes in Companies Act
- July 18, 2014: Amendment in Companies Act, 1956
- June 12, 2014: Amendment to Rule 6 of the Companies Act
- December 12, 2013: Most Recommendations of The Damodaran Committee Taken Into Account In The Companies Act, 2013
- December 12, 2013: Measures to Prevent and Deal with Occurrence of Frauds
- December 7, 2013: Implementation of the New Company LawCompany Law
People Documents Doctrines