Section 294 of Companies Act, 2013
Section 294 of Companies Act, 2013 deals with Audit of Company Liquidator's accounts.
From the Act
(1) The Company Liquidator shall maintain proper and regular books of account including accounts of receipts and payments made by him in such form and manner as may be prescribed.
(2) The Company Liquidator shall, at such times as may be prescribed but not less than twice in each year during his tenure of office, present to the Tribunal an account of the receipts and payments as such liquidator in the prescribed form in duplicate, which shall be verified by a declaration in such form and manner as may be prescribed.
(3) The Tribunal shall cause the accounts to be audited in such manner as it thinks fit, and for the purpose of the audit, the Company Liquidator shall furnish to the Tribunal with such vouchers and information as the Tribunal may require, and the Tribunal may, at any time, require the production of, and inspect, any books of account kept by the Company Liquidator.
(4) When the accounts of the company have been audited, one copy thereof shall be filed by the Company Liquidator with the Tribunal, and the other copy shall be delivered to the Registrar which shall be open to inspection by any creditor, contributory or person interested.
(5) Where an account referred to in sub-section (4) relates to a Government company, the Company Liquidator shall forward a copy thereof—
(a) to the Central Government, if that Government is a member of the Government company; or
(b) to any State Government, if that Government is a member of the Government company; or
(c) to the Central Government and any State Government, if both the Governments are members of the Government company.
(6) The Company Liquidator shall cause the accounts when audited, or a summary thereof, to be printed, and shall send a printed copy of the accounts or summary thereof by post to every creditor and every contributory:
Provided that the Tribunal may dispense with the compliance of the provisions of this sub-section in any case it deems fit.
Recent Cases / Related Cases / Case Laws
Related Sections from the Act
- Section 290: Powers and duties of Company Liquidator
- Section 291: Provision for professional assistance to Company Liquidator
- Section 292: Exercise and control of Company Liquidator's powers.
- Section 293: Books to be kept by Company Liquidator
- Section 295: Payment of debts by contributory and extent of set-off.
Chapters and Sections from the Indian Companies Act, 2013
- Chapter I to VI: Section 1 to Section 87
- Chapter VII: Section 88 to Section 122
- Chapter VIII to X: Section 123 to Section 148
- Chapter XI to XIII: Section 149 to Section 205
- Chapter XIV to XVI: Section 206 to Section 246
- Chapter XVII to XIX: Section 247 to Section 269
- Chapter XX: Section 270 to Section 365
- Chapter XXI to XXVI: Section 366 to Section 406
- Chapter XXVII to XXVIII: Section 407 to Section 446
- Chapter XXIX: Section 447 to Section 470
Other Related Acts
- Companies Act, 1956
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Indian Partnership Act, 1932
- Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Companies (Meetings and Powers of Board) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Declaration and Payment of Dividend) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014
- March 8, 2016: Amendment in FCRA
- February 29, 2016: Companies Act 2013 to be amended to facilitate Ease of Doing Business
- April 29, 2015: Note on Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- March 10, 2015: Notification of Section 135 of the Companies Act
- July 22, 2014: Changes in Companies Act
- July 18, 2014: Amendment in Companies Act, 1956
- June 12, 2014: Amendment to Rule 6 of the Companies Act
- December 12, 2013: Most Recommendations of The Damodaran Committee Taken Into Account In The Companies Act, 2013
- December 12, 2013: Measures to Prevent and Deal with Occurrence of Frauds
- December 7, 2013: Implementation of the New Company LawCompany Law
People Documents Doctrines