Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Section 276 of Companies Act, 2013
Section 276 of Companies Act, 2013 deals with Removal and replacement of liquidator.
From the Act
(1) The Tribunal may, on a reasonable cause being shown and for reasons to be recorded in writing, remove the provisional liquidator or the Company Liquidator, as the case may be, as liquidator of the company on any of the following grounds, namely:—
(b) fraud or misfeasance;
(c) professional incompetence or failure to exercise due care and diligence in performance of the powers and functions;
(d) inability to act as provisional liquidator or as the case may be, Company Liquidator;
(e) conflict of interest or lack of independence during the term of his appointment that would justify removal.
(2) In the event of death, resignation or removal of the provisional liquidator or as the case may be, Company Liquidator, the Tribunal may transfer the work assigned to him or it to another Company Liquidator for reasons to be recorded in writing.
(3) Where the Tribunal is of the opinion that any liquidator is responsible for causing any loss or damage to the company due to fraud or misfeasance or failure to exercise due care and diligence in the performance of his or its powers and functions, the Tribunal may recover or cause to be recovered such loss or damage from the liquidator and pass such other orders as it may think fit.
(4) The Tribunal shall, before passing any order under this section, provide a reasonable opportunity of being heard to the provisional liquidator or, as the case may be, Company Liquidator.
Recent Cases / Related Cases / Case Laws
Related Sections from the Act
- Section 277: Intimation to Company Liquidator, provisional liquidator and Registrar
- Section 278: Effect of winding up order
- Section 279: Stay of suits, etc., on winding up order.
Chapters and Sections from the Indian Companies Act, 2013
- Chapter I to VI: Section 1 to Section 87
- Chapter VII: Section 88 to Section 122
- Chapter VIII to X: Section 123 to Section 148
- Chapter XI to XIII: Section 149 to Section 205
- Chapter XIV to XVI: Section 206 to Section 246
- Chapter XVII to XIX: Section 247 to Section 269
- Chapter XX: Section 270 to Section 365
- Chapter XXI to XXVI: Section 366 to Section 406
- Chapter XXVII to XXVIII: Section 407 to Section 446
- Chapter XXIX: Section 447 to Section 470
Other Related Acts
- Companies Act, 1956
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Indian Partnership Act, 1932
- Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Companies (Meetings and Powers of Board) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Declaration and Payment of Dividend) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014
- March 17, 2017: Amendment in Companies Act through Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2016
- March 8, 2016: Amendment in FCRA
- February 29, 2016: Companies Act 2013 to be amended to facilitate Ease of Doing Business
- April 29, 2015: Note on Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- March 10, 2015: Notification of Section 135 of the Companies Act
- July 22, 2014: Changes in Companies Act
- July 18, 2014: Amendment in Companies Act, 1956
- June 12, 2014: Amendment to Rule 6 of the Companies Act
- December 12, 2013: Most Recommendations of The Damodaran Committee Taken Into Account In The Companies Act, 2013
- December 12, 2013: Measures to Prevent and Deal with Occurrence of Frauds
- December 7, 2013: Implementation of the New Company LawCompany Law
People Documents Doctrines