Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Section 1 of Minimum Wages Act, 1948
Section 1 of Minimum Wages Act, 1948 deals with Short title and extent .
From the Act
(1) This Act may be called the Minimum Wages Act, 1948.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
The words "except the State of Jammu and Kashmir" omitted by Act 51 of 1970, s. 2 and Sch. (w.e.f. 1-9-1971).
- Section 2: Defines Minimum Wages and the concept of Living Wage, Fair Wage and Minimum Wage.
- Section 3: Fixing of minimum rates of wages
- Section 4: Minimum rates of wages
- Section 5: Procedure for fixing and revising minimum rates of wages
- Section 6: Repealed. Advisory committees and sub-committees.
Related Industrial Acts
- Indian Trade Unions Act, 1926
- Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
- Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946
- Factories Act, 1948
- Minimum Wages Act, 1948
- Payment of Wages Act, 1936
- Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- Employee's State Insurance Act, 1948
- Employee's Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
- Equal Remuneration Act, 1976
- Unorganized Sector Workers' Social Security Act, 2008