Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Section 10 of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
Section 10 of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 deals with 'Number of arbitrators'.
From the Act
(1) The parties are free to determine the number of arbitrators, provided that such number shall not be an even number.
(2) Failing the determination referred to in sub-section (1), the arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator.
Related Cases / Recent Cases / Case Laws
- Section 11: Appointment of arbitrators
- Section 12: Grounds for challenge
- Section 13: Challenge procedure
- Section 14: Failure or impossibility to act
- Section 15: Termination of mandate and substitution of arbitrator
- Arbitration Act, 1940
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
- Companies Act, 1956
- Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973