Right to Safe Environment
Right to Safe Environment is a Collective right is included and gained judicial recognition by courts because right to healthy environment is included in the right to live.
Related Cases / Recent Cases
- Leadens Inc vs Godawari Marble Industries, et al, Supreme Court of Nepal held that clean, healthy environment is undoubtedly embedded within the right to life.
- Joseph D Kessey et at vs City Council of Dar es Salaam, Supreme Court of Tanzania held that Article 14 of Tanzania Constitution prevents Dar es Salaam from polluting the environment so as to endanger peoples lives.
- Dr Mohiuddin Farooque vs Bangladesh
- Shantisar Builders vs Narayan Totnrne
- State of Orissa vs Government of India
- Subhash Kumar vs State of Biha