PF Cases Awaiting Settlement
December 19, 2012
As on 13.12.2012 (for the period from 01.04.2012 to 13.12.2012), out of 107.16 Lakh claims received for settlement order, only 6.96 Lakh claims are pending for settlement.
The obstacles faced in settlement of claims inter-alia include:
(i) Incomplete claims (no bank account number,incomplete employee details, etc.) (ii) Incorrect claims (wrong account number, incorrect personal details, etc.) (iii) Unattested claims (iv) Unsigned claims (v) Default by employer in terms of remittance/returns
As per the provisions contained in para 72(7) of the Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme, 1952, all claims found in order are to be settled within 30 days. Employees of the covered establishments are guided through print media, seminar & training of the employers for submitting error free claims.
Instructions have been issued to field offices to monitor the status of settlement of claims in their region on regular basis and take corrective steps to settle the claims within the stipulated time-frame
The Minister of State for Labour & Employment Shri K. Suresh gave this information in reply to a written question in the Lok Sabha today .
(Release ID :90941)
- December 19, 2012: Labour Laws Applicable to Casual and Self Employed Work Force
- December 5, 2012: Amendment of Minimum Wages Act
- August 29, 2012: Violation of Labour Laws for Contract Labours
- August 29, 2012: Implementation of Labour Laws in the Country
Related Industrial Acts
- Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
- Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946
- Factories Act, 1948
- Minimum Wages Act, 1948
- Payment of Wages Act, 1936
- Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- Employee's State Insurance Act, 1948
- Employee's Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
- Equal Remuneration Act, 1976
- Unorganized Sector Workers' Social Security Act, 2008