Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Non-Governmental Organizations play an important role in solving disputes between parties and hence they are an important mode of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Features of NGOs
- NGOs are established by a group of persons with a specific purpose
- They have a strategic and autonomous role
- NGOs form pressure groups who bring up issues to the notice of the Governments and make the Government adopt to newer policies or revise existing policies.
- They do research and try to bring in newer solutions to the existing problems of the society.
- They are team oriented and work in unity.
- They are also active in bringing judicial remedies by way of filing Writs and Public Interest Litigation cases before competent courts.
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes
- Gram Panchayat
- Gram Sabha
- Nyaya Panchayat
- Lok Adalat
- Family Court
- Counseling Centers
- Commission of Inquiry
- Consumer Court