- To inquire into
- Maladministration - negligence, delay, inefficiency, bias, abuse of power, corruption etc. involving ministers and Government servants.
Provisions of Lokpal Bill
- The concept of Lokpal is still in the form of a bill and is yet to become an act
- Lokpal shall be appointed after the consultation with Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, the Chairman of Rajya Sabha and the Speaker of Lok Sabha.
- Tenure: He shall hold the office for five years
- Removal: Procedure for his removal is same as that of removal of a Judge of Supreme Court.
- Salary: Salary shall be fixed by separate rules by the [Parliament of India|Parliament]].
- Lokayukts shall be under its control.
- Andhra Pradesh Lokayukta and Upa Lokayukta Act, 1983
- Karnataka Lokayukta Act, 1984
- April 29, 2015: Proposal to move Official Amendments to the Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Bill, 2013
- April 29, 2015: Recommendations on Prevention of Corruption Bills
- January 31, 2013: Official Amendments to Lokpal and Lokayuktas Bill, 2011
- Institution of Lokayukta is an ally to Good Governance Not an Obstruction to Development, Says President
- President’s Speech at the inauguration of All India Lokayuktas Conference 2012