Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Legal System of Peru
Constitution of Peru
The Constitution of Peru is the supreme law of Peru. A Democratic Constitutional Congress (CCD) was elected in 1992, and the final text was approved in a 1993 referendum.
Government of Peru
- Peru Ministry of Justice and Human Rights: This is the Government Ministry that is responsible for advising the President of Peru in judicial matters and national prison system.
Law of Peru
- The Supreme Court of Peru is the top most and most powerful court of the country.
- The second level is composed of 28 superior courts, each of which has jurisdiction over a judicial district which are more or less synonymous to the 25 regions of Peru.
- The third level is formed by 195 courts of first instance (trial court), each of which has jurisdiction over a province.
- The fourth and lowest level is composed of 1,838 courts of peace, each with jurisdiction over a single district.