Kenya Salaries and Remuneration Commission Act, 2011
No. 10 of 2011
[Date of assent: 27th July, 2011.]
[Date of commencement: 29th July, 2011.]
An Act of Parliament to make further provision as to the functions and powers of the Salaries and Remuneration Commission, the qualifications and procedures for the appointment of the chairperson and members of the Commission, and for connected purposes
PART I – PRELIMINARY
- Section 1: Short title.
- Section 2: Interpretation.
PART II – COMPOSITION AND ADMINISTRATION
- Section 3: Powers of the Commission as a body corporate
- Section 4: Appointment of chairperson and members.
- Section 5: Qualification for appointment of chairperson and members
- Section 6: Nomination of members
- Section 7: Procedure for nominations
- Section 8: Oath of office
- Section 9: Vacancy in office of chairperson or member
- Section 10: Filling of vacancy
- Section 11: Functions of the Commission
- Section 12: Guiding principles for the Commission
- Section 13: Powers of the Commission.
- Section 14: Committees of the Commission.
- Section 15: Procedures of the Commission
- Section 16: Appointment of secretary of the Commission
- Section 17: Removal of secretary
- Section 18: Secondment of staff.
- Section 19: The common seal of the Commission
PART III – FINANCIAL PROVISIONS
- Section 20: Funds of the Commission
- Section 21: Financial year.
- Section 22: Annual estimates.
- Section 23: Accounts and Audit.
PART IV – MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
- Section 24: Report of the Commission.
- Section 25: Offences.
- Section 26: Regulations.
- Section 27: Code of conduct.
- Section 28: Transitional and savings.
- First Schedule: OATH / AFFIRMATION OF THE OFFICE OF CHAIRPERSON / A MEMBER / SECRETARY
- Second Schedule: CONDUCT OF BUSINESS AND AFFAIRS OF THE COMMISSION