Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Kenya Industrial Court Act, 2011
NO. 20 OF 2011
- Section 1: Short title.
- Section 2: Interpretation.
- Section 3: Principal Objective.
PART II—ESTABLISHMENT AND CONSTITUTION OF THE COURT
- Section 4: Establishment of the Court
- Section 5: Composition of the Court
- Section 6: Qualifications for appointment of Judges of the Court
- Section 7: Tenure of office of Judges of the Court
- Section 8: Remuneration etc.
- Section 9: Officers of the Court
- Section 10: Qualifications for appointment of the Registrar of the Court
- Section 11: Functions of the Registrar of the Court
PART III—JURISDICTION OF THE COURT
- Section 12: Jurisdiction of Court
- Section 13: Enforcement of court orders
- Section 14: The seal of the Court
- Section 15: Alternative dispute resolution
- Section 16: Review of orders of the Court
- Section 17: Appeals
- Section 18: Appellate jurisdiction
PART IV—PROCEEDINGS BEFORE THE COURT
- Section 19: Proceedings before the Court
- Section 20: General powers of the Court
- Section 21: Quorum of the Court
- Section 22: Representation before the Court
PART V—THE EMPLOYMENT AND LABOUR RELATIONS RULES COMMITTEE
- Section 23: Establishment of the Committee
- Section 24: Composition of the Committee
- Section 25: Quorum for the Committee
- Section 26: Secretary to the Committee
- Section 27: Powers of the Chief Justice
PART VI—MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
- 28—Gender equity and equal opportunities.
- 29—Access to justice.
- 31—Repeal of Part III of No. 12 of 2007.
- 32—Transitional provisions.
- 33—Proceedings pending in the Industrial Court.
- 34—Existing contracts.
- 35—Regulations relating to employment and labour relations.