Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Judicial control of delegated legislation
- Parent Act is ultra vires to the Constitution
- Delegated legislation is ultra vires to the Constitution
- Is delegated legislation protected by Schedule IX of the Constitution?
- Delegated legislation is ultra vires to the parent act
- Delegated legislation held intra vires to the parent act
- Malafide - Wrong purposes and bad faith
- Retrospective operation
- Exclusion of judicial review
- Procedural ultra vires
- Consultation: Some statute require administration to consult bodies before making a legislation. There is no general rule making consultation compulsory or optional. Where it is compulsory, failure to consult would affect the validity of rules or regulations.