Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Organizations or bodies that do activities globally without any bias or favor or belonging to any specific country are called International organizations. They are treated to be a Juristic person of their own and as a separate individual person with a unique identity.
Examples: United Nations Organization, Amnesty International etc.
International Organizations are treated on par to Sovereign States and hence enjoy immunity over territorial jurisdiction.
- Individuals enjoying immunity from territorial jurisdiction
- State Jurisdiction
- State Immunity
- State Territory
- Doctrine of Technical Extension of Territorial Jurisdiction
- Extra-Territorial Jurisdiction
- Non-Governmental Organization
- Prevention of Bribery of Foreign Public Officials and Officials of Public international Organizations Bill, 2011
Partial List of prominent International Organizations