European Convention on Human Rights
The European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) is also popular as the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms.
- ARTICLE 1: Obligation to respect human rights
- SECTION I: RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS
- ARTICLE 2: Right to life
- Article 3: Prohibition of torture
- Article 4 of European Convention on Human Rights|Article 4: Prohibition of slavery and forced labour
- ARTICLE 5: Right to liberty and security
- ARTICLE 6: Right to a fair trial
- ARTICLE 7: No punishment without law
- Article 8: Right to respect for private and family life
UK and ECHR
United Kingdom is one of the first signatories at the Convention. The provisions of ECHR are enacted into the English Law with the passage of the UK Human Rights Act, 1998.