Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Delhi Prisons Act, 2000
Chapter VII: Employment of Prisoners
- Section 35 of the Delhi Prisons Act, 2000 deals with employment of criminal prisoners. Sub-section (1) states that a criminal prisoner desiring to be employed on labour, may be employed with the permission of the Superintendent, subject to such restrictions as may be prescribed in the rules made under this Act.
- Sub-section (2) states that no criminal prisoner sentenced to labour or employed on labour at his own desire shall, except on an emergency, with the sanction in writing of the Superintendent be kept to labour for more than 8 hours in a day.
- Sub-sections (3) and (4) deal with medical examination and check-up and the placement of criminal prisoners on work based on their health.
- Delhi Prisons (Transfer of Prisoners, Labour and Jail Industry, Food, Clothings and Sanitation) Rules, 1988
- Delhi Prisons (Definition) Rules, 1988