Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Chapter XXI to XXVI of Companies Act, 2013
- 1 Chapter XXI
- 2 Chapter XXII: Companies Incorporated Outside India
- 3 Chapter XXIII: Government Companies
- 4 Chapter XXIV: Registration Offices and Fees
- 5 Chapter XXV: Companies to furnish information or statistics
- 6 Chapter XXVI: Nidhis
- 7 Chapters and Sections from the Indian Companies Act, 2013
- 8 Other Related Acts
- 9 Related Rules
- 10 Related News
Part I: Companies Authorised to Register under this Act
- Section 366: Companies capable of being registered
- Section 367: Certificate of registration of existing companies
- Section 368: Vesting of property on registration
- Section 369: Saving of existing liabilities
- Section 370: Continuation of pending legal proceedings
- Section 371: Effect of registration under this Part.
- Section 372: Power of Court to stay or restrain proceedings
- Section 373: Suits stayed on winding up order
- Section 374: Obligations of companies registering under this Part.
Part II: Winding up of unregistered companies
- Section 375: Winding up of unregistered companies
- Section 376: Power to wind up foreign companies, although dissolved
- Section 377: Provisions of Chapter cumulative
- Section 378: Saving and construction of enactments conferring power to wind up partnership firm, association or company, etc., in certain cases
Chapter XXII: Companies Incorporated Outside India
- Section 379: Application of Act to foreign companies
- Section 380: Documents, etc., to be delivered to Registrar by foreign companies
- Section 381: Accounts of foreign company
- Section 382: Display of name, etc., of foreign company
- Section 383: Service on foreign company
- Section 384: Debentures, annual return, registration of charges, books of account and their inspection
- Section 385: Fee for registration of documents
- Section 386: Interpretation.
- Section 387: Dating of prospectus and particulars to be contained therein
- Section 388: Provisions as to expert’s consent and allotment
- Section 389: Registration of prospectus
- Section 390: Offer of Indian Depository Receipts.
- Section 391: Application of sections 34 to 36 and Chapter XX.
- Section 392: Punishment for contravention
- Section 393: Company's failure to comply with provisions of this Chapter not to affect validity of contracts, etc.
Chapter XXIII: Government Companies
- Section 394: Annual reports on Government companies
- Section 395: Annual reports where one or more State Governments are members of companies
Chapter XXIV: Registration Offices and Fees
- Section 396: Registration offices
- Section 397: Admissibility of certain documents as evidence.
- Section 398: Provisions relating to filing of applications, documents, inspection, etc., in electronic form.
- Section 399: Inspection, production and evidence of documents kept by Registrar
- Section 400: Electronic form to be exclusive, alternative or in addition to physical form
- Section 401: Provision of value added services through electronic form.
- Section 402: Application of provisions of Information Technology Act, 2000
- Section 403: Fee for filing, etc.
- Section 404: Fees, etc., to be credited into public account.
Chapter XXV: Companies to furnish information or statistics
- Section 405: Power of Central Government to direct companies to furnish information or statistics
Chapter XXVI: Nidhis
- Section 406: Power to modify Act in its application to Nidhis.
Chapters and Sections from the Indian Companies Act, 2013
- Chapter I to VI: Section 1 to Section 87
- Chapter VII: Section 88 to Section 122
- Chapter VIII to X: Section 123 to Section 148
- Chapter XI to XIII: Section 149 to Section 205
- Chapter XIV to XVI: Section 206 to Section 246
- Chapter XVII to XIX: Section 247 to Section 269
- Chapter XX: Section 270 to Section 365
- Chapter XXI to XXVI: Section 366 to Section 406
- Chapter XXVII to XXVIII: Section 407 to Section 446
- Chapter XXIX: Section 447 to Section 470
Other Related Acts
- Companies Act, 1956
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Indian Partnership Act, 1932
- Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Companies (Meetings and Powers of Board) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Declaration and Payment of Dividend) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014
- March 17, 2017: Amendment in Companies Act through Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2016
- March 8, 2016: Amendment in FCRA
- February 29, 2016: Companies Act 2013 to be amended to facilitate Ease of Doing Business
- April 29, 2015: Note on Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- March 10, 2015: Notification of Section 135 of the Companies Act
- July 22, 2014: Changes in Companies Act
- July 18, 2014: Amendment in Companies Act, 1956
- June 12, 2014: Amendment to Rule 6 of the Companies Act
- December 12, 2013: Most Recommendations of The Damodaran Committee Taken Into Account In The Companies Act, 2013
- December 12, 2013: Measures to Prevent and Deal with Occurrence of Frauds
- December 7, 2013: Implementation of the New Company LawCompany Law
People Documents Doctrines