Chapter XIV to XVI of Companies Act, 2013
Chapter XIV: Inspection, Inquiry and Investigation
- Section 206: Power to call for information, inspect books and conduct inquiries
- Section 207: Conduct of inspection and inquiry
- Section 208: Report on inspection made
- Section 209: Search and seizure
- Section 210: Investigation into affairs of company
- Section 211: Establishment of Serious Fraud Investigation Office
- Section 212: Investigation into affairs of Company by Serious Fraud Investigation Office
- Section 213: Investigation into company’s affairs in other cases
- Section 214: Security for payment of costs and expenses of investigation
- Section 215: Firm, body corporate or association not to be appointed as inspector
- Section 216: Investigation of ownership of company
- Section 217: Procedure, powers, etc., of inspectors
- Section 218: Protection of employees during investigation
- Section 219: Power of inspector to conduct investigation into affairs of related companies, etc.
- Section 220: Seizure of documents by inspector
- Section 221: Freezing of assets of company on inquiry and investigation
- Section 222: Imposition of restrictions upon securities
- Section 223: Inspector’s report
- Section 224: Actions to be taken in pursuance of inspector’s report
- Section 225: Expenses of investigation.
- Section 226: Voluntary winding up of company, etc., not to stop investigation proceedings
- Section 227: Legal advisers and bankers not to disclose certain information
- Section 228: Investigation, etc., of foreign companies
- Section 229: Penalty for furnishing false statement, mutilation, destruction of documents
Chapter XV: Compromises, Arrangements and Amalgamations
- Section 230: Power to compromise or make arrangements with creditors and members
- Section 231: Power of Tribunal to enforce compromise or arrangement
- Section 232: Merger and amalgamation of companies
- Section 233: Merger or amalgamation of certain companies.
- Section 234: Merger or amalgamation of company with foreign company.
- Section 235: Power to acquire shares of shareholders dissenting from scheme or contract approved by majority.
- Section 236: Purchase of minority shareholding
- Section 237: Power of Central Government to provide for amalgamation of companies in public interest.
- Section 238: Registration of offer of schemes involving transfer of shares.
- Section 239: Preservation of books and papers of amalgamated companies.
- Section 240: Liability of officers in respect of offences committed prior to merger, amalgamation, etc.
Chapter XVI: Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement
- Section 241: Application to Tribunal for relief in cases of oppression, etc.
- Section 242: Powers of Tribunal
- Section 243: Consequence of termination or modification of certain agreements.
- Section 244: Right to apply under section 241
- Section 245: Class action
- Section 246: Application of certain provisions to proceedings under section 241 or section 245.
Chapters and Sections from the Indian Companies Act, 2013
- Chapter I to VI: Section 1 to Section 87
- Chapter VII: Section 88 to Section 122
- Chapter VIII to X: Section 123 to Section 148
- Chapter XI to XIII: Section 149 to Section 205
- Chapter XIV to XVI: Section 206 to Section 246
- Chapter XVII to XIX: Section 247 to Section 269
- Chapter XX: Section 270 to Section 365
- Chapter XXI to XXVI: Section 366 to Section 406
- Chapter XXVII to XXVIII: Section 407 to Section 446
- Chapter XXIX: Section 447 to Section 470
Other Related Acts
- Companies Act, 1956
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Indian Partnership Act, 1932
- Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Companies (Meetings and Powers of Board) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Declaration and Payment of Dividend) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014
- March 17, 2017: Amendment in Companies Act through Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2016
- March 8, 2016: Amendment in FCRA
- February 29, 2016: Companies Act 2013 to be amended to facilitate Ease of Doing Business
- April 29, 2015: Note on Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- March 10, 2015: Notification of Section 135 of the Companies Act
- July 22, 2014: Changes in Companies Act
- July 18, 2014: Amendment in Companies Act, 1956
- June 12, 2014: Amendment to Rule 6 of the Companies Act
- December 12, 2013: Most Recommendations of The Damodaran Committee Taken Into Account In The Companies Act, 2013
- December 12, 2013: Measures to Prevent and Deal with Occurrence of Frauds
- December 7, 2013: Implementation of the New Company LawCompany Law
People Documents Doctrines