Chapter I to VI of Companies Act, 2013
- 1 Chapter I: Preliminary
- 2 Chapter II: Incorporation of Company and Matters incidental thereof
- 3 Chapter III: Prospectus and allotment of securities
- 4 Chapter IV: Share Capital and Debentures
- 5 Chapter V: Acceptance of Deposits by companies
- 6 Chapter VI: Registration of Charges
- 7 Chapters and Sections from the Indian Companies Act, 2013
- 8 Other Related Acts
- 9 Related Rules
- 10 Related News
Chapter I: Preliminary
Chapter II: Incorporation of Company and Matters incidental thereof
- Section 3: Formation of company
- Section 4: Memorandum.
- Section 5: Articles.
- Section 6: Act to override memorandum, articles, etc.
- Section 7: Incorporation of company
- Section 8: Formation of companies with charitable objects, etc.
- Section 9: Effect of registration
- Section 10: Effect of memorandum and articles
- Section 11: Commencement of business, etc.
- Section 12: Registered office of company
- Section 13: Alteration of memorandum.
- Section 14: Alteration of articles
- Section 15: Alteration of memorandum or articles to be noted in every copy
- Section 16: Rectification of name of company
- Section 17: Copies of memorandum, articles, etc., to be given to members.
- Section 18: Conversion of companies already registered
- Section 19: Subsidiary company not to hold shares in its holding company
- Section 20: Service of documents
- Section 21: Authentication of documents, proceedings and contracts
- Section 22: Execution of bills of exchange, etc.
Chapter III: Prospectus and allotment of securities
Part I: Public offer
- Section 23: Public offer and private placement.
- Section 24: Power of Securities and Exchange Board to regulate issue and transfer of securities, etc.
- Section 25: Document containing offer of securities for sale to be deemed prospectus.
- Section 26: Matters to be stated in prospectus.
- Section 27: Variation in terms of contract or objects in prospectus.
- Section 28: Offer of sale of shares by certain members of company.
- Section 29: Public offer of securities to be in dematerialised form.
- Section 30: Advertisement of prospectus
- Section 31: Shelf prospectus
- Section 32: Red herring prospectus
- Section 33: Issue of application forms for securities
- Section 34: Criminal liability for misstatements in prospectus
- Section 35: Civil liability for misstatements in prospectus.
- Section 36: Punishment for fraudulently inducing persons to invest money
- Section 37: Action by affected persons.
- Section 38: Punishment for personation for acquisition, etc., of securities.
- Section 39: Allotment of securities by company
- Section 40: Securities to be dealt with in stock exchanges
- Section 41: Global depository receipt
- Section 42: Offer or invitation for subscription of securities on private placement
- Section 43: Kinds of share capital
- Section 44: Nature of shares or debentures
- Section 45: Numbering of shares
- Section 46: Certificate of shares.
- Section 47: Voting rights
- Section 48: Variation of shareholders’ rights
- Section 49: Calls on shares of same class to be made on uniform basis
- Section 50: Company to accept unpaid share capital, although not called up.
- Section 51: Payment of dividend in proportion to amount paidup.
- Section 52: Application of premiums received on issue of shares.
- Section 53: Prohibition on issue of shares at discount.
- Section 54: Issue of sweat equity shares
- Section 55: Issue and redemption of preference shares.
- Section 56: Transfer and transmission of securities
- Section 57: Punishment for personation of shareholder.
- Section 58: Refusal of registration and appeal against refusal.
- Section 59: Rectification of register of members.
- Section 60: Publication of authorised, subscribed and paid-up capital.
- Section 61: Power of limited company to alter its share capital.
- Section 62: Further issue of share capital.
- Section 63: Issue of bonus shares
- Section 64: Notice to be given to Registrar for alteration of share capital
- Section 65: Unlimited company to provide for reserve share capital on conversion into limited company.
- Section 66: Reduction of share capital
- Section 67: Restrictions on purchase by company or giving of loans by it for purchase of its shares
- Section 68: Power of company to purchase its own securities
- Section 69: Transfer of certain sums to capital redemption reserve account.
- Section 70: Prohibition for buy-back in certain circumstances.
- Section 71: Debentures.
- Section 72: Power to nominate
Chapter V: Acceptance of Deposits by companies
- Section 73: Prohibition on acceptance of deposits from public
- Section 74: Repayment of deposits, etc., accepted before commencement of this Act.
- Section 75: Damages for fraud.
- Section 76: Acceptance of deposits from public by certain companies
Chapter VI: Registration of Charges
- Section 77: Duty to register charges, etc.
- Section 78: Application for registration of charge.
- Section 79: Section 77 to apply in certain matters
- Section 80: Date of notice of charge
- Section 81: Register of charges to be kept by Registrar
- Section 82: Company to report satisfaction of charge.
- Section 83: Power of Registrar to make entries of satisfaction and release in absence of intimation from company
- Section 84: Intimation of appointment of receiver or manager.
- Section 85: Company’s register of charges.
- Section 86: Punishment for contravention
- Section 87: Rectification by Central Government in register of charges
Chapters and Sections from the Indian Companies Act, 2013
- Chapter I to VI: Section 1 to Section 87
- Chapter VII: Section 88 to Section 122
- Chapter VIII to X: Section 123 to Section 148
- Chapter XI to XIII: Section 149 to Section 205
- Chapter XIV to XVI: Section 206 to Section 246
- Chapter XVII to XIX: Section 247 to Section 269
- Chapter XX: Section 270 to Section 365
- Chapter XXI to XXVI: Section 366 to Section 406
- Chapter XXVII to XXVIII: Section 407 to Section 446
- Chapter XXIX: Section 447 to Section 470
Other Related Acts
- Companies Act, 1956
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Indian Partnership Act, 1932
- Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Companies (Meetings and Powers of Board) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Declaration and Payment of Dividend) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules, 2014
- Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014
- March 8, 2016: Amendment in FCRA
- February 29, 2016: Companies Act 2013 to be amended to facilitate Ease of Doing Business
- April 29, 2015: Note on Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- March 10, 2015: Notification of Section 135 of the Companies Act
- July 22, 2014: Changes in Companies Act
- July 18, 2014: Amendment in Companies Act, 1956
- June 12, 2014: Amendment to Rule 6 of the Companies Act
- December 12, 2013: Most Recommendations of The Damodaran Committee Taken Into Account In The Companies Act, 2013
- December 12, 2013: Measures to Prevent and Deal with Occurrence of Frauds
- December 7, 2013: Implementation of the New Company LawCompany Law
People Documents Doctrines