Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Central Excise Act, 1944
Sections from the Act
Related Cases / Recent Cases / Case Laws
- Commissioner Central Excise, Bangalore v Ms United Spirits Ltd and Another, Civil Appeal Jurisdiction, Civil Appeal No 5003 OF 2006, Supreme Court of India judgment dated January 5, 2017
- Spentex Industries Ltd v Commissioner of Central Excise and Others, Civil Appeal Jurisdiction, Civil Appeal No 1978 OF 2007, Supreme Court of India judgement dated October 9, 2015: Whether or not the manufacturer/exporter is entitled to rebate of the excise duty paid both on the inputs and on the manufactured product, when excise duty is paid on a manufactured product and also on the inputs which have gone into manufacturing the product and such manufactured product is exported?
- M S Escorts Ltd v Commissioner of Central Excise, Faridabad, Civil Appeal Jurisdiction, Civil Appeal No 6561 OF 2004, Supreme Court of India judgement dated April 29, 2015
- Commissioner of Central Excise, Goa v M s Cosme Farma Laboratories Ltd, Civil Appeal Jurisdiction, Civil Appeal No 1761 OF 2007, Supreme Court of India judgement dated April 7, 2015
- Commissioner of Central Excise, New Delhi Vs M/S Connaught Plaza Restaurant (P) Ltd., New Delhi, Civil Appellate Jurisdiction, Civil Appeal Nos. 5307-5308 of 2003, Supreme Court of India judgement dated November 27, 2012
- Grasim Industries Ltd. vs Union of India: Civil Appeal No 7453 of 2008 (Supreme Court): The metal scrap and waste arising out of the repair and maintenance work of the machinery used in manufacturing of cement, by no stretch of imagination, can be treated as a subsidiary product to the cement which is the main product. The metal scrap and waste arise only when the assessee undertakes repairing and maintenance work of the capital goods and, therefore, do not arise regularly and continuously in the course of a manufacturing business of cement. Hence metal scrap and waste cannot attract duty.
- Customs, Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal (Procedure) Rules, 1982 (Also popular as CESAT Rules, 1982)