Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
- Any words expressive of a decision is an award
- Award must be entire and final on all the matters referred else it will be void in toto.
- A valid award is final thought it can be referred as a case in the High Court unless the submission excludes such power.
- Arbitrator can himself correct any clerical errors or omissions in an award.
- Arbitral Award includes an interim award
- Section 2(1)(c) of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 defines 'Award'.
Related Cases / Recent Cases / Case Law
- April 2011: Union of India vs Tantia Construction Ltd; Special Leave Petition (c) No.18914 of 2010-Decided on 18-04-2011: Supreme Court of India held that Arbitration clause in a contract would not exclude the power of the high courts or the Supreme Court to decide disputes between the parties.
- Laldas vs Bai Lala: An Award is not a mere agreement, but is equivalent to a judgement
- An Award by a Lok Adalat can be challenged only by filing a Writ Petition and not by way of separate suit - Supreme Court
- Form & Contents of Arbitral Award
- Domestic Award
- Submission - act of referring a matter for decision
- Interim Measure