Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
In Arbitration, an Arbitration Agreement means an agreement by the parties to submit some or all disputes that arises between them out a definite legal relationship, contractual or not.
The Arbitration Agreement may be in the form of an arbitration clause in the Contract or in the form of a separate agreement.
- It shall be in the form of a writing.
- It is a document signed by the parties.
- It can be in the form of letters, telex or telegram messages etc.
- Submission - act of referring a matter for decision
- Award - finding or decision in arbitration
- Umpire - Also called a Presiding Arbitrator