Join our Law Notes WhatsApp Group and stay updated with Legal and Judicial Updates
Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014
MINISTRY OF LAW AND JUSTICE
New Delhi, the 1st March, 2014/Phalguna 10, 1935 (Saka)
The following Act of Parliament received the assent of the President on the 1st March, 2014, and is hereby published for general information:—
NO. 6 OF 2014
[1st March, 2014.]
An Act to provide for the reorganisation of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh and for matters connected therewith.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Sixty-fifth Year of the Republic of India as follows:—
- 1 Sections
- 1.1 Part I: Preliminary
- 1.2 Part II: Reorganisation of the State of Andhra Pradesh
- 1.3 Part III: Representation in the Legislature
- 1.4 Part IV: High Court
- 1.5 Part V: Authorisations of Expenditure and Distribution of Revenues
- 1.6 Part VI: Appropriation of Assets and Liabilities
- 1.7 Part VII: Provisions as to certain corporations
- 1.8 Part VIII: Provisions as to Services
- 1.9 Part IX: Management and Development of Water Resources
- 1.10 Part X: Infrastructure and Special Economic Measures
- 1.11 Part XI: Access to Higher Education
- 2 Schedules
- 3 Related News
- 4 Related Acts
- 5 Related Cases / Recent Cases / Case Laws
Part I: Preliminary
Part II: Reorganisation of the State of Andhra Pradesh
- Section 3: Formation of Telangana State
- Section 4: State of Andhra Pradesh and territorial divisions thereof.
- Section 5: Hyderabad to be common capital for States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
- Section 6: Expert Committee for setting up of a capital for Andhra Pradesh
- Section 7: Governor of existing State of Andhra Pradesh to be common Governor
- Section 8: Responsibility of Governor to protect residents of common capital of Hyderabad
- Section 9: Assistance of police forces from Central Government to successor States, etc.
- Section 10: Amendment of First Schedule to Constitution.
- Section 11: Saving powers of State Governments.
Part III: Representation in the Legislature
The Council of States
- Section 12: Amendment of Fourth Schedule to Constitution.
- Section 13: Allocation of sitting members.
The House of the People
- Section 14: Representation in House of the People.
- Section 15: Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies.
- Section 16: Provision as to sitting members.
The Legislative Assembly
- Section 17: Provisions as to Legislative Assemblies.
- Section 18: Representation of Anglo-Indian community.
- Section 19: Allocation of sitting members.
- Section 20: Duration of Legislative Assemblies.
- Section 21: Speaker, Deputy Speaker and rules of procedure.
The Legislative Councils
- Section 22: Legislative Council for successor States.
- Section 23: Provisions as to Legislative Councils.
- Section 24: Amendment of Delimitation of Council Constituencies Order.
- Section 25: Chairman, Deputy Chairman and rules of procedure.
Delimitation of constituencies
- Section 26: Delimitation of constituencies.
- Section 27: Power of Election Commission to maintain Delimitation Orders up-todate.
Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
Part IV: High Court
- Section 30: High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad to be common High Court till establishment of High Court of Andhra Pradesh.
- Section 31: High Court of Andhra Pradesh.
- Section 32: Judges of Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Section 33: Jurisdiction of Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Section 34: Special provision relating to Bar Council and advocates.
- Section 35: Practice and procedure in Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Section 36: Custody of seal of Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Section 37: Form of writs and other processes.
- Section 38: Powers of Judges.
- Section 39: Procedure as to appeals to Supreme Court.
- Section 40: Transfer of proceedings from Hyderabad High Court to Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Section 41: Right to appear or to act in proceedings transferred to Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Section 42: Interpretation.
- Section 43: Savings.
Part V: Authorisations of Expenditure and Distribution of Revenues
- Section 44: Authorisation of expenditure of Telangana State.
- Section 45: Reports relating to accounts of Andhra Pradesh State.
- Section 46: Distribution of revenue.
Part VI: Appropriation of Assets and Liabilities
- Section 47: Application of Part.
- Section 48: Land and goods.
- Section 49: Treasury and bank balances.
- Section 50: Arrears of taxes.
- Section 51: Right to recover loans and advances.
- Section 52: Investments and credits in certain funds.
- Section 53: Assets and liabilities of State undertakings.
- Section 54: Public Debt.
- Section 55: Floating Debt.
- Section 56: Refund of taxes collected in excess.
- Section 57: Deposits, etc.
- Section 58: Provident Fund.
- Section 59: Pensions.
- Section 60: Contracts.
- Section 61: Liability in respect of actionable wrong.
- Section 62: Liability as guarantor.
- Section 63: Items in suspense.
- Section 64: Residuary provision.
- Section 65: Apportionment of assets or liabilities by agreement.
- Section 66: Power of Central Government to order allocation or adjustment in certain cases.
- Section 67: Certain expenditure to be charged on Consolidated Fund.
Part VII: Provisions as to certain corporations
- Section 68: Provisions for various companies and corporations.
- Section 69: Continuance of arrangements in regard to generation and supply of electric power and supply of water.
- Section 70: Provisions as to Andhra Pradesh State Financial Corporation.
- Section 71: Certain provisions for companies.
- Section 72: Temporary provisions as to continuance of certain existing road transport permits.
- Section 73: Special provisions relating to, retrenchment compensation in certain cases.
- Section 74: Special provision as to income-tax.
- Section 75: Continuance of facilities in certain State institutions.
Part VIII: Provisions as to Services
- Section 76: Provisions relating to All-India Services.
- Section 77: Provisions relating to other services.
- Section 78: Other provisions relating to services.
- Section 79: Provisions as to continuance of officers in same post.
- Section 80: Advisory committees.
- Section 81: Power of Central Government to give directions.
- Section 82: Provision for employees of Public Sector Undertakings, etc.
- Section 83: Provisions as to State Public Service Commission.
Part IX: Management and Development of Water Resources
- Section 84: Apex Council for Godavari and Krishna river water resources and their Management Boards.
- Section 85: Constitution and functions of River Management Board.
- Section 86: Staff of the Management Board.
- Section 87: Jurisdiction of Board.
- Section 88: Power of Board to make regulations.
- Section 89: Allocation of water resources.
- Section 90: Polavaram Irrigation Project to be a national project.
- Section 91: Arrangements on Tungabhadra Board.
Part X: Infrastructure and Special Economic Measures
- Section 92: Successor States to follow principles, guidelines, etc., issued by Central Government.
- Section 93: Measures for progress and development of successor States.
- Section 94: Fiscal measures including tax incentives.
Part XI: Access to Higher Education
- Section 95: Equal opportunities for quality higher education to all students.
- Section 96: Amendment of article 168 of the Constitution.
- Section 97: Amendment of article 371D of the Constitution.
- Section 98: Amendment of section 15A of Act 43 of 1951.
- Section 99: Amendment of section 15 of Act 37 of 1956.
- Section 100: Territorial extent of laws.
- Section 101: Power to adapt laws.
- Section 102: Power to construe laws.
- Section 103: Power to name authorities, etc., for exercising statutory functions.
- Section 104: Legal proceedings.
- Section 105: Transfer of pending proceedings.
- Section 106: Right of pleaders to practise in certain cases.
- Section 107: Effect of provisions of the Act inconsistent with other laws.
- Section 108: Power to remove difficulties.
- December 3, 2014: Law and Order in and around Hyderabad under AP Reorganisaiton Act
- March 3, 2014: Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill, 2014 Receives the Assent of the President
Related Cases / Recent Cases / Case Laws
- Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education v Union of India and Others Etc, Civil Appeal Jurisdiction, Civil Appeal No 3019-3020 OF 2016, Supreme Court of India judgment dated March 18, 2016 allowed APSC to operate their bank accounts that were froze due to dispute related to bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana